AMYLASE mystery--2 attack sites?

BruceRat brucerat at aol.com
Fri Aug 18 22:10:17 EST 1995

I am a high school teacher using a homemade spectrophotometer to study the
kinetics of salivary amylase digestion of cornstarch.  Instead of
following the classic Michaelis-Menten curve, my data indicates that there
may be a secondary mode of action, masked at high substrate concentration,
that becomes apparent as substrate is largely consumed.  It shows up as a
slow drift upwards in transmittance.  Anyone ever noticed this effect?
Any suggestions? References?
Puzzled,    Bruce Ratcliffe  (BruceRat at AOL.COM)