Marine Microbiology

CAWHIT cawhit at aol.com
Sat Aug 19 18:06:32 EST 1995

Hello,
     I've always found marine microbiology to be very interesting, even
though I have not had any formal training in the subject.  Although I'm
currently working on my PhD in the area of bacterial pathogenesis, I would
be interested in learning more about and possibly pursuing a career in
marine microbiology.
     I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has any experience
in this area.  What opportunities are there in this field?  Are there many
universities where research in this field is going on?  What about biotech
companies?  What is the best road to take for someone interested in doing
a post doc and possibly making a career out of the study of marine
microorganisms?

                                                              I appreciate
any advice you can offer.

      Chris.