Microbiology Lab in Kenya

tom c. cigolott at nbnet.nb.ca
Tue Aug 22 18:31:58 EST 1995

In message <4189po$c67$1 at mhadg.production.compuserve.com> - Daniel Ricks <76130
3726 at CompuServe.COM> writes:
=
=I'll be going soon to work in a hospital in central Kenya. They are
=looking to start doing some basic blood/urine/sputum cultures in
=their lab there. They have not done so previously because of lack of
=personnel. That problem solved, now they are wanting to find the
=minimum materials needed, and at the least cost, otherwise they will
=still be unable to do it.
=
=I am interested in any experience/opinions/advice available so that
=this undertaking may be successful.
=
=Thanks,
=Dan Ricks, MD

Dan

there are several orgs that specialize in development that have lots in
starting up lab with minimal staff\funding\materials.....

VITA
AT (appropriate technology - out of Stanford)\
PEACE CORPS
CUSO

and a whole lot more... If you need the above addresses email me and will
look up.

The Hesperian Foundatio (box 1692 Palo Alto, CA 94302) have a number of good
rural health books specifically designed for developing countries

regards
tom c.