Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. vasinfectum WANTED

Richard F. Davis RFDAVIS at UGA.CC.UGA.EDU
Mon Aug 28 11:56:23 EST 1995

In article <41smd6$nfj at fu-berlin.de>
bbadd at zedat.fu-berlin.de (Olaf Hering) writes:

>Dear Netsurfers!
>
>I need for investigations with Random Amplified Polymorphic DNA (RAPD)
>some fungal isolates of different Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. vasinfectum
>races. This fungi causes wilt on cotton. I'm very interested to get
>nature material of infected plants and to get isolates from China.
>Thank you and greetings from Berlin
>
>Olaf

Shipping a plant pathogen across national boundaries almost certainly
violates quarantine regulations, especially if the pathogen is not
endemic to your area.  You will probably need to get permission from
your regulatory agency before shipment.  Qurantine regulations may be
a nuisance, but they serve a valuable function.  Good Luck.  RFD