Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. vasinfectum WANTED

Olaf Hering bbadd at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Tue Aug 29 04:42:00 EST 1995

In article <17408B600S86.RFDAVIS at UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>, RFDAVIS at UGA.CC.UGA.EDU
says...

>In article <41smd6$nfj at fu-berlin.de>
>bbadd at zedat.fu-berlin.de (Olaf Hering) writes:
>
>>Dear Netsurfers!
>>
>>I need for investigations with Random Amplified Polymorphic DNA (RAPD)
>>some fungal isolates of different Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. vasinfectum
>>races. This fungi causes wilt on cotton. I'm very interested to get
>>nature material of infected plants and to get isolates from China.
>>Thank you and greetings from Berlin
>>
>>Olaf
>>

>Shipping a plant pathogen across national boundaries almost certainly
>violates quarantine regulations, especially if the pathogen is not
>endemic to your area.  You will probably need to get permission from
>your regulatory agency before shipment.  Qurantine regulations may be
>a nuisance, but they serve a valuable function.  Good Luck.  RFD

Quarantine regulations etc. are no problem for us, since our institution
is the federal biological research centre for agriculture and forestry
(BBA, a governmental institution). We are also competent in phytosanitary
or quarantine questions. Our institution develops detection systems for
quarantine pathogens. Sending fungal isolates via or infected plant
material to us shall not be problematically.
Thanks Olaf