Tom C. cigolott at
Tue Dec 12 19:59:58 EST 1995

In message <4a4jhv$iec at nntp.Stanford.EDU> - "Jonathan A. Eisen" <jeisen at leland.> writes:
}At the suggestion of a kind soul who read my posting on Campylobacter I
}will try and make my answer more concise and clear.
}No - species in the Campylobacter genus are not spirochetes, if you
}define spirochetes in an evolutionary sense.  That is, despite some
}phenotypic similarities to spirochetes, species in the Campylobacter
}genus are evolutionarily distant from true spirochetes like Borrelia.

Might you have any good pointers to the above......

Or better still, maybe a short preview of the distictions would be great.

Have bin noticing nomenclature problems in some H. pylori
which used to be a cousin of Campylobacter but now it seems that it is

tom c.