Ire: Klett conversion

Tim Ikeda timi at
Sat Feb 11 17:20:29 EST 1995

In article <3hivig$8q3 at>, pfoster at (Patricia Foster)

>  I have found about the same relationship between Klett and OD600.
> as Tim.  It's not linear, but what is it?

It's a problem of the different responses of the instruments used.
It could be caused by differences in light paths, slits (ie. hardware)
or the different wavelengths chosen.  The relationship might not
be simple; the higher the OD, the more obvious the difference.
At ODs <1 it's close enough to a line not to worry.  On our lab
spec, the relationship between OD650 and the number of cells remains
linear below an OD of about 0.8 (w/ E. coli)

Regards, Tim Ikeda (timi at