Optichin discs & Resp Specimens

Shan Putnam putnam at VAX309.NHRC.NAVY.MIL
Fri Jan 13 16:53:13 EST 1995

In article <3eqhn3$nhf at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, gnedc at aol.com (GnedC) writes:
>I have done this routinely for many years on thousands on respiratory
>specimens.  It works well to screen for Strep. peumoniae.
>
>Ned Christensen
>Clinical Micro-STAT
>Eugene, Oregon

Where do you place the disk?  Are there any publications that verify/validate
this procedure.  Presently, we are screening asymptomatic 18-25 yo males for
pneumococcus and Group A strep carriage.  This would greatly speed
up our process as well as increase recovery.  Could you email you SOP for
this procedure.  Thanks

SD Putnam