Looking for E.coli SM10 in Australia

Brad Nicholson brad at corona.med.utah.edu
Tue Jul 11 15:22:45 EST 1995

In article <Pine.ULT.3.91.950711113248.29309A-100000 at manta.jcu.edu.au>,
CowGoddess <tvzmb at jcu.edu.au> wrote:

 >I am attempting transposon mutagenesis in Burkholderia (Pseudomonas)
 >pseudomallei, using TN5.  My readings have suggested E. coli SM10 strain
 >as a donor for a suicide vector, and so i am trying to locate this
 >strain, preferably within Australia.
 >
 >Zara Baxter

Hi Zara,
I know of an E. coli strain, SMR10, that may be available in Australia.  I
can't find any reference to SM10, so this may be totally off base, but
anyway it's never stopped me before.  The person who has published using
SMR10 is Peter R. Reeves, Department of Microbiology, The University of
Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia.  Also an email address was given:
reeves at angis.su.oz.au.  The paper I'm looking at is Neal, Brown & Reeves.
J. Bact. 1993. 175:7115-18.

I have never met the man, but have used a vectors that he has made.

Good Luck,
Brad

Ps. Great name
Brad Nicholson              |"If it worked the first time, it wouldn't be
Department of Pathology     |	research."...Brad Nicholson
University of Utah          |	Live from behind the Zion Curtian.
Salt Lake City, UT 84132    |
brad at corona.med.utah.edu    |
or: (801)-581-4365          | My opinions are solely my own.