phoA fusion vector(s) and e.coli strain

Dr. G. Koraimann koraimann at bkfug.kfunigraz.ac.at
Thu Jun 29 20:19:03 EST 1995

Dear Micronetters!
I am looking desperately for a source of phoA fusion vectors. Especially
I would be interested in a good and versatile phoA fusion vector like the pMG
plasmid series from the M.A.Lovett UCLA laboratory, described in Giladi et al.
(1993) J Bacteriol 175: 4129-4136 or a derivative thereof. Also  KS330r- would
be a great help. We are interested in a protein which seems to be a virulence
determinant in conjugative plasmids, T-DNA transfer and other macromolecular
transport systems. It probably encodes a lytic transglycosylase and therefore
must go accross the cytoplasmic membrane to function. A hydrophobic N-terminal
sequence is present but without a signal peptidase I cleavage site which
suggests together with other studies that the sequence acts both as a
transport promoter and an anchor. Studies with phoA fusions would therefore
help us very much in evaluating our previous results.
Thanks for your help !

DR.G.KORAIMANN
Institut für Mikrobiologie
Universitätsplatz 2