Embola

Christine A Zurawski czuraws at curly.cc.emory.edu
Mon Mar 13 12:21:44 EST 1995

Corey Braastad (s14509cb at umassd.edu) wrote:
: In article <3j7bhh$q1l at charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>, dstothar at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Diane Stothard) writes:
: >In article <Ray.34.00276CAE at cnj.digex.net>, Ray <Ray at cnj.digex.net> wrote:
: >>Is there any one aut there that know about the Disease EMBOLA. I read a very
: >>disturbing artical about it in a mag a few weeks ago and am looking for more
: >>info on the subject. Would appreciate being pointed to some more information,
: >>although the more I learn about it the more it scare the living hell out of me
: >..
: >I believe you are talking about the Ebola virus. I think it was discovered in
: >the mid-seventies in Africa. This virus basically will cause you to bleed to
: >death and will cause death in about three weeks. It was mentioned in the
: >beginning of the movie "And the band played on..." which was about the
: >discovery of HIV and AIDS and I think it was featured recently on an episode of
: >"48 hours" Hope this helps.

:     Just another quick addition if I may...You will find LOT'S of discussion
: concerning the Ebola virus on the newsgroup Bionet.Virology, always a few
: messages about Ebola on that one everyday!  Actually, they just recently posted
: a pretty complete summary about many of the circumstances concerning infection,
: etc....

read the book...The Hot Zone... currently on the NYT bestseller list...
it is all about Ebola