Reducing sugars assay reagents

Simon Odell sodell at waite.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Nov 1 21:50:59 EST 1995

I am a PhD student at the University of Adelaide, South Australia
working on the microbial reclamation of alkaline sodic soils.
As part of my project I need to look at levels of reducing sugars
in soil. I have found what appears to be a good method, but I have
been unable to find the composition of SOMOGYI REAGENTS 1 & 2, and
NELSON'S REAGENT. If anyone knows what is in these could you please
email me at: sodell.waite.adelaide.edu.au.
                                Thanks, Simon Odell