plant pathogen

stutjamalgeo at SPOCK.COLSF.EDU stutjamalgeo at SPOCK.COLSF.EDU
Fri Nov 3 10:06:28 EST 1995

My name is george Tjamaloukas and I am a student at the College of Sf.Francis
and I have a couple of questions for whoever can help me answer them.

 1) In an experiment, what would be the best way to purposely infect
    a tomato plant with Pseudomonas solanacearum bacteria?

 2) What would be the best way to introduce Salicylic Acid into tomato
    plants in order to study the affects of S.A. in plant defence mechanisms?

 3) Should I introduce Salicylic Acid in tomato plants before or after
    the innoculation of the bacterium?

  My hypothesis is that Salicylic Acid will aid in the plant's defence
mechanisms against Pseudomonas solanecearum.  Would you agree with this
hypothesis?
                            Thank you very much
                             for your time.