Tb fit testing

Dean Cain caind at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Sat Nov 25 11:13:00 EST 1995

I had a graduate bacteriology class last week, and the teacher (a Ph.D.
from Notre Dame Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada) mentioned that
their lab personnel working w/ M. tuberculosis are also tested once a
year for a tuberculin reaction. Should a person who was negative the
previous year become a positive the next, they are given a 6-month
regimen of antitubercular drugs (including rifampin) as a preventive.
--
Dean Cain (caind at ere.umontreal.ca)   | "Death in the air;
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine       |  strapped in the electric chair...