Ph.D position,Geneva

raina raina at cmu.unige.ch
Sun Nov 26 15:34:41 EST 1995

A Ph.D position is available in our laboratory (DEPARTMENT OF MEDICAL
BIOCHEMISTRY, UNIVERSITY OF GENEVA).The current ongoing research
projects are:

1.Protein folding:
				Genetic and biochemical studies related to in vivo disulfide bond
formation in the periplasm of E.coli.
    Identification and charactreization of different catalysts and
chaperones in protein folding.

2. Heat shock regulation mediated by sigmaE(24) in E.coli.
   This subject deals with studies related to regulation of this sigma
factor by itself and by different stesses. We are also characterizing
different genes transcribed by this sigma factor and addressing
questions like if they are involved in protein folding per se or are
involved in signal transduction of misfolding of proteins.

3. Signalling pathways of inducing heat shock response.
		 We have identified certain new phospho-protein phosphatases which are
involved in this signal transduction.

For more information regarding our work consult some of the recent
publications like: EMBO J (1995) 14:3415-3424; EMBO J (1995)
14:1043-1055;EMBO J (1994) 13:2013-2020; Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci. (1993)
90:7084-7088.
The position carries a yearly salary of 30,000 to 33,000 SFR.
Inrerested candidates should send a letter of interest and c.v.( with
two names of references) either through fax, e-mail or write directly
to:

Dr. Satish Raina
Centre Medical Universitaire
Departement de Biochimie Medicale