Biofilm characterization by tetrazolium salts

Dr Barbara Evans evansb at
Tue Oct 10 09:13:15 EST 1995

We are a research group working in oral microbiologi at University of
 Milan (ITALY).
Does anyone have some experience about microbial biomass quantitative
evaluation in biofilms ?
 We are trying to differentiate and quantify bacteria in dental plaque
using tetrazolium salts.
May be do it determining the differents formazans producted starting
from a unique tetrazolium salts ?