Odor Remediation

Mon Oct 16 10:07:16 EST 1995

I am beginning some preliminary research on the feasibility of using
bacterial cultures for the purpose of livestock odor remediation.  Much
work has been done in the private sector to produce products with varying
degrees of success, but I am more interested at this stage in finding
published scientific literature or similar projects in progress.

If feasibility is determined, the
potential project would include identifying appropriate species (or
combinations of species), identifying application schedules, producing
cultures of sufficient volume for application and actually applying the
cultures to lagoons/feedlots, etc.

Any pointers to Web sites, phone numbers, journals, etc would be greatly

  Tina Coan                         Texas Institute for Applied
  Sr. Research Assistant            Environmental Research
  817/968-9563                      P.O. Box T-258
  fax 817-968-9568                  Tarleton State University
  email: coan at tiaer.tarleton.edu    Stephenville, Tx.  76402