phage negative staining TEM

Thomas E. Phillips tphillips at biosci.mbp.missouri.edu
Wed Sep 6 16:27:20 EST 1995

 As a favor for a collaborator, I used PTA to negatively stain a phage
prep.  I found lots of example of what I think may be filamentous phages
but am not certain. are there any phage morphologists out in cyber space?
I am interested in knowing the size range I should be seeing.  my
filaments are about 12 nm wide.  is this too big?  can anyone suggest
references with good TEM pictures with which to compare my stuff?  Thanks
for any help.

                           Thomas E. Phillips
                     tphillips at biosci.mbp.missouri.edu