Web Site-Video Cameras Mono Real Time 10 bit Digital/Analog Info

Martin Latterich latteric at mendel.berkeley.edu
Thu Sep 7 08:33:34 EST 1995

In article <42m35h$g0e at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, dvcco at aol.com (DVCCO) wrote:

>   Real Time 10 & 8 Bit Digital RS-422/RS-170 Analog CCD Mono Cameras
>
> A San Diego, California based manufacturer of monochrome digital (10 or 8
> bits) and (analog 10 bit video cameras) with S/N of >62dB in real time 30
> frames/ second, with a defect free sensor, upgradable, with dual outputs,
> has a new and informative web site!
> (((((((( The URL is:      http://www.edt.com/dvc/dvc.html      ))))))))))
>  The company can in addition provide complete (plug and play) frame
> grabbers for digital or (analog 10 bit / 1024 gray level PCI bus), Mac
> Nu-bus or, Sun S-bus.   SGI digital D1 output option available, as seen on
> new Hot Mix 11 html SGI CD, along with custom cables, Mac and Sun imaging
> software and tunable electronic filters for mono 400-1100nm range and RGB
> sequential version.  Feel free to e-mail requests directly, stating bus of
> interest, digital or analog video interest, and application.  Signal to
> noise / pixel gray level depth is just as, or more important than just
> spacial resolution!  Is your camera only offering you 7 bits or 50dB S/N
> at best, and a New England snow storm when the gain is turned up a little?
>  Are you facing the expensive, only 8 bit, ticking 7.5 fps slow non-real
> time digital cameras.  Full details on how to choose a CCD camera and
> various frame grabbers listed by bus on the above web site.   Yes, you can
> have a 10 bit analog signal with the advantages of adding  6-9 dB
> addtional gain and still have a solid 8 bit LSB for your 8 bit 256 gray
> level digitizer, without dropping to 7 or 6 bits like the rest, or adding
> 30dB of gain for an estimated sensitivity out to 1x10-4fc@ >50% video.
> Thank you.

Dear Madame/Sir,

   may I kindly point out to you that it is generally against BIONET.*
policy to post any commercial ad to the newsgroups. This is also true for
BIONET.MICROBIOLOGY. I am quoting from the FAQ:

    4) ³Do I need permission to post here ?²

    No, anyone is free to post here as long as the post is of scientific
    interest, and as long as it does not represent a commercial ad or flame.

While it is obvious that your product is very relevant for a lot of
scientist, it may have been better just to post the URL to your sites, if
at all.

Thank you for your understanding!

                        Sincerely,

                        Martin Latterich, Ph.D.