Expontential growth cequation

Scott Howard sjhoward at nyx10.cs.du.edu
Wed Sep 13 21:44:58 EST 1995

In article <4378fq$6k3 at cmcl2.NYU.EDU>, Owen Meyers
<Meyero01 at mcrcr6.med.nyu.edu> wrote:

>I have two questions that I hope you can answer for me.
>1. What is the equation for expontential growth?

Number of Cells=(Number of Cells You Started with)(2)^(number of generations)

>2. What expontent do I use to calculate the grwoth rate of a binary
>fission organism?
number of generations=time elapsed/generation time, where generation time
is equivalent to the time it takes for
the number of cells to double while growing in log phase.

(The 0's and 1's should be subscripted, but the world is still ASCII, and
not Worldscript. :-)
We'll make great pets, we'll make great pets...