Serratia Feeding experiement

chihara chihara at
Wed Sep 13 17:39:21 EST 1995

Several people responded to my request for the strains necessary for the
feeding experiment in Serratia with requests for the info when I got it.
So here it is:

Carolina Biological and Ward both carry two mutant strains that do not
make prodigiosin, the bright red pigment of Serattia marcescens. In
Addition I was able to locate a third culture. Thus I do not have them
all, but I have three of the four I was looking for. If any one is still
interested I can send you the info by Email.