Bacteriology discussion in sci.cognitive

Lesley Robertson L.A.Robertson at
Thu Sep 21 08:21:58 EST 1995

richardlz at (Omitted-please excuse) wrote:
>There is an odd discussion of "consciousness" in bacteria in the
>newsgroup sci.cognitive---a psychology group.  Some of us microbiologists
>need to look at that and provide a bit of realism to the conversation.
>I don't quite feel qualified to jump into the discussion, but I am
>certain some of you are.  Take a look over there.  It is a bit

You're right, it's hilarious (I think - those guys seem to speak a
different language!). You forgot to mention the rocks! You should add
your comments!
Dr. Lesley A. Robertson
Kluyver Laboratory for Biotechnology
Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands
L.A.Robertson at