differences between bacteria

BioIX Gentechnologie und Mikrobiologie microbio at hrz.uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Sep 22 07:25:01 EST 1995

In article <thomas.6.305D9211 at alf1.ngate.uni-regensburg.de> thomas at alf1.ngate.uni-regensburg.de (Thomas Zander t3013) writes:
>Does anyone know a non-complicated book (or simple answers) , where I can find
>what the basic differences between the following bacteria are:

The often recommended Bergey may be too complicated for a beginner.
I like the german textbook "Allgemeine Mikrobiologie" by H.G. Schlegel
(Thieme Verlag). You'll find there all information you need without
beeing too detailed. A phylogenetic tree of the enterobacteriaceae, (most
of your bacteria belong to them) may be found in "the procaryotes" by Stanier
et al.You should find these books in your local library. Good luck,

Anne