HELP H.S. Biology Student

Richard A. Murphy 996-8630 U14663 at UICVM.UIC.EDU
Tue Sep 26 13:26:33 EST 1995

> Help a beginning High School biology student.  My son, Ryan, has
> a class assignment that requires him to interview a "working"
> (i.e.  non university) scientist in the biological sciences.
Is anyone else bothered by this definition of "working"?  If the
teacher wanted a nonacademic scientist, then the teacher should say
that.  Implying that university scientists are not working is ignorant
at best.  Ah well.  What can you expect from people that say things
like "I mean a REAL doctor" when referring to a physician!
Dick
|Richard A. Murphy, PhD              Bitnet: U14663 at uicvm.bitnet    |
|University of Illinois at Chicago   Internet: U14663 at uicvm.uic.edu |
|Department of Oral Medicine         Fax: 1-312-996-1022            |
|  and Diagnostic Sciences           Phone: 1-312-996-8630          |
|801 S. Paulina                                                     |
|Chicago, IL 60612                                                  |