Suggestions needed for careers dir.

Student Pugwash USA uspugwash at igc.apc.org
Wed Sep 27 13:18:49 EST 1995

(With apologies for duplicate postings)

WE HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR YOUR FAVORITE ORGANIZATION

Student Pugwash USA is conducting research for its unique new
careers directory, "Jobs You Can Live With: Working at the
Crossroads of Science, Technology, and Society," which provides
career options to students and recent graduates who are
interested in making a positive social impact in areas where
science and technology play significant roles.  "Jobs You Can Live
With" helps students and young professionals make connections
amongst issues by profiling organizations that deal with areas as
diverse as:

-  Energy
-  Environment
-  Food and agriculture
-  Global security
-  Health care and biomedical research
-  Information technologies

If you know of or work for an organization which would be a
good fit for "Jobs You Can Live With," please contact us here at
Student Pugwash USA as soon as possible.  This is strictly non-
solicitation, and there is no charge for an organization being
profiled in the directory.  We are looking for as many suggestions
as possible, so think about your favorite organizations that you
would like to see profiled!

Student Pugwash USA is a non-profit organization that promotes
the socially responsible application of science and technology in
the 21st century.  As a student organization, Student Pugwash
USA encourages young people to examine the ethical, social, and
global implications of science and technology, and to make these
concerns a guiding focus of their academic and professional
endeavors.

Please send the name of any organizations you would suggest be
profiled in "Jobs You Can Live With," and any contact information
you have available (at the least, a location) to us here:

Attn:  Greg Craven
Student Pugwash USA
815 15th Street, NW, Suite 814
Washington, DC 20005

Or, better yet, fax (202-393-6550), e-mail
(uspugwash at igc.apc.org), or phone (202-393-6555) your
suggestions to us.  We are on a tight production schedule, so
please get your suggestions to us by October 18, 1995.  Please
give me a call personally if you have any questions.  Thank you
for your time and thought in helping to make "Jobs You Can Live
With" an effective tool for the responsible use of science and
technology.

Sincerely,
Greg Craven
Editor