summary of replies pt2: re: api strips

Don Chen chend at
Wed Apr 3 01:25:20 EST 1996

Here's further responses about the API strips:

From:             jcherwon at (John Cherwonogrodzky)
Subject:          Re: Address, phone for API strips?
Date sent:        Tue, 2 Apr 1996 16:14:38
Copies to:        jcherwon at

Dear Don Chen:
     If you find out the address for API, can you let me know? I tried
to find
them a few years back and they seemed to vanish....John
jcherwon at

To:               chend at
Subject:          Re: summary of replies re:api strips
From:             bakerr at (Rocky Baker)
Date sent:        Mon, 01 Apr 96 12:32:51 PST

Funny I should run into you here.
I have recently been looking in to API strips.  The company that makes

them, BIO MERIEUX, is in Hazelwood, MO.  1-800-638-4835.
They have a neat fax back system 1-800-831-0154 that will allow you to

get a catalog of fax sheets or order the individual sheets by number
you fax machine.  (assuming you have one in your vicinity).  These
are like the package inserts I think.
They have a number of products.  The API 20E for enterics, or 20 NFT
non-fermenters as well as gm positive ID and I think yeast ID.  They
have rapid ID systems and codebooks etc.

Rocky Baker