Name roots...

Bunny Lover smccull at
Sun Apr 7 21:29:43 EST 1996

Can someone help me with the roots for describing temperature preferences
of micro-organisms?  I'm looking for the roots for psychro- and thermo-
and preferably for philic, duric, and trophic.

(oh yeah, meso too)

To be clear, I know what they mean, I'm just interested in where they
are derived from(Greek, Latin, etc.) and possibly origins.

** Scott D. McCulloch(Bunny Lover)	| If we knew what we were doing,
** smccull at	| it would not be called
** BioChemical Effects Research		| research, now would it?
**    |