Thiobacillus ferroxidans

Lesley Robertson l.a.robertson at
Fri Apr 26 06:58:55 EST 1996

Doug Davidge <davidged at> wrote:
>I am looking for methodolgy related to the collection of samples,
>preservation, culturing and identification of Thiobacillus ferroxidan
>bacteria.  Also looking for information on facilities, institutes or
>commercial labs that are providing Thiobacillus ferroxidan analysis/test.

There's full descriptions of the media, etc, in the Prokaryotes (vol 3)
2nd edition. editors Balows, Truper, Dworking, Harder & Schleifer,
publishers Springer-Verlag. It's an expensive series of books, but your
library should be able to get it for you. If you have trouble, email me
and I'll try and dig up the reprints for you.
Lesley Robertson