Great for cleaning up soil remediation

Nicholas Landau nlandau at eden.rutgers.edu
Mon Apr 29 15:18:34 EST 1996

earthsmt at sierra.net (Earth Smart) writes:

>After years of research at the University of Texas, a blend of 13 microbes
>collected from natural oil seeps around the world has been compiled.  This
>blend is proving to be a very effective, cost efficient means of transforming
>any natural hydrocarbon into 100% safe byproduct.  Hydrocarbon refers to the

[snip]

>"I would recommend the use of EarthWise as a bioremediation enhancement in
>this situation due to the cost effectiveness compared to other cleanup and
>disposal methods, says M. D. Babcock." Owner/Operator

I have been warned by some of the best researchers in the business of bio-
remediation that commercial innocula for the purpose of environmental
cleanup are generally a scam.  As Winogradski said, "Everything is every-
where."  Generally the bugs you need for cleanup are living on-site before
treatment, and only require enrichment of one kind or another.

I did notice that the preceding messege described the rate at which
diesel fuel was removed from a site which was treated with "MiracleKleen:
or whatever they call it, but no data was presented from the controls.

Nick Landau
Dept. Biochemistry and Microbiology
Rutgers University
nlandau at eden.rutgers.edu