Fermentation of Pseudomonas to high densities

Forday Wayne Lee fwl at titan.np.ac.sg
Tue Apr 30 05:07:05 EST 1996

In article <4lrvk6$j8p at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, ArieBB <ariebb at aol.com> wrote:
:>Can someone refer me to publications that describe growth of Pseudomonas
:>and  P. putida in particular to high culture densities.  Suggestion for
:>media compositions will also be greatly appreciated.
:>Thanks, Arie
:>ariebb at aol.com

I have grown Ps. cepacia to very high densities in a medium containing
Tryptone, magnesium sulphate and monosodium phosphate. This was done in an
airlift reactor. The airlift gave me much higher yields than a stirred tank
(or shake flask). Got a feeling that the Pseudomonads are somehow shear
sensitive but not sure how.

Wayne Lee Forday, Biotechnology Department
Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore
fwl at np.ac.sg