Oxidase Test?

Phyllis Williams pwilliam at SINCLAIR.EDU
Thu Aug 1 07:32:52 EST 1996

Marlene,  We have had good results with a product for the last two or
three years.  It is a stick (looks like a lollipop stick) with the tip
impregnated with oxidase reagent.  Here is the name (I will have to find
out who distributes and the cost when our lab tech arrives later this
	OXOID (brand)  "Identification Sticks - Oxidase"  # BR064A
        mfg. by Unipath Ltd., Basingstoke, Hants, England
The sticks are packaged 25 per vial, 4 vials per box (=100).  We have never
had a false positive with our "knowns" or "unknowns" in Introductory
Micro here at Sinclair.
	I'll send more information later.  Good luck.
Phyllis Williams, Sinclair Community College, Dayton, Ohio