Measurement of Candida growth

Michael Kolotila x3887 mkolotila at necc.mass.edu
Mon Aug 5 10:29:25 EST 1996

Hi Richard;
  I will add in my two cents or pence worth.  Is Frank Odds still on
faculty there (he was at one time if memory serves)  He is Dr. Candida in
a John Cleese sort of way.  Frank, this is meant as a complement.  (if you
read this).  Perhaps some of his collaborators are still around.  And now
for my suggestion which probably worth win me any friends.  How about
trying direct microscopy?  With an ocular micrometer you can measure
growth and can track several at least yeast cells going to hyphae.
Turbidity woudld be difficult as hypahe  after a certain tend to clump
together.  Good luck.  Let me know what you do use as a method.

  Michael

 Michael P. Kolotila, Ph.D.        * e-mail: mkolotila at necc.mass.edu
                                   *
 Biotechnology Program Coordinator *
 Department of Natural Science     * voice :  508-374-3887
 Northern Essex Community College  *
 100 Elliott Way                   * fax   :  508-374-3723
 Haverhill, MA  01830-2399         *