Magnetotactic Bacteria on Mars

Chuck Lunney clunney at iastate.edu
Wed Aug 7 08:35:52 EST 1996

I was just watching CNN at lunch and I saw the report on the discovery
of possible life on Mars.  In one part of their evidence, the
researchers found what appear to be magnetosomes (tiny biomagnets) in
the meteorite they were studying.  Does anyone have any more
information on this particular part (extraterrestrial magnetosomes)?
I would be interested because I am a grad student at Iowa State
University working with magnetotactic bacteria, and magnetosomes in
particular.

Thanks --

Chuck Lunney.