Aravaipa puzzle

Linnea Ista lkista at UNM.EDU
Thu Aug 15 15:45:27 EST 1996

On 15 Aug 1996, Sylvester O'Farrell wrote:

>     My friend hiked Aravaipa Canyon, AZ, which involved wading upstream.
> Afterwards, she and her friend found themselves to have an itchy rash
> over the body, which they took to be insect bites, numbering perhaps 60.
>  However, over the next few days,  other "bites" continued to appear.
>
>     Does anyone recognise this effect ?
>
> --
> Sylvester O'Farrell 70642.2703 at compuserve.com
> 08/15/96 12:23
> [ Standard Disclaimer ]

Sounds to me kind of like the "swimmers itch" I used to get sometimes in
the summer swimming in certain lakes in Minnesota. The biggest key if I
recall correctly was not to scratch. Hard to do I kno!, I also seem
to remeber some correlation between this condition and waterfowl
hanging out on the lake.
 Just my guess!
Linnea