Bacterial Growth Rates

Barn skinner at mis.ca
Fri Aug 16 18:27:04 EST 1996

Joseph Keller Keithley <keithley at rice.edu> wrote in article
<4v1phf$3jf at listserv.rice.edu>...
> Does anyone know a microbiological reference or publication that includes

> the growth rates of bacterial species?  We are particularly interested in

> soil anaerobes like Clostridia and methanogens.  Thanks!
>
> Joe Keithley
> Rice University

Growth rates are dependent upon a plethora of factors such as temperatures,
medium composition bacterial strain, redox potential and many other things.
 Each literature reference only applies to that specific strain under the
conditions stated.  Remember  that a slight change in a growth medium can
have a profound effect on the generation time.