New Online Forum: Virtual Physics

Cameron Jones dhelix at share.access.net.au
Mon Aug 19 23:17:35 EST 1996

You may be interested in a "new" online forum called: 'Virtual
Physics' which publishes high quality material on issues relevant
to Contemporary Physics.  This is a bi-monthly publication, and is
available in HTML format as well as by email subscription.  This
Journal is entirely FREE, and I urge you to take a look.  For example
in Issue Number 7 there is an article which details how to measure the
Fractal Dimension of Fungal Colony Morphology with Wavelets.

It is available from either of the following URL addresses:

http://www.isisnet.com/MAX/vp.html  (CANADA)
http://www.swin.edu.au/chem/complex/vp.html (AUSTRALIA)

The Table of Contents for the past 2 issues are detailed below.
Note that we are always seeking quality material for publication.
Guidelines for manuscript submission are detailed in Issue Number 08.
Note that this journal also has ISSN classification.

  0   0 0 000  000 0  0  00  0       000  0  0 0   0 o00o 0  00 o00o
  0   0 0 0  0  0  0  0 0  0 0       0  0 0  0  0 0  o0   0 0   o0
   0 0  0 000   0  0  0 0000 0       000  0000   0     0o 0 0     0o
    0   0 0 00  0  0000 0  0 0000    0    0  0   0   o00o 0  00 o00o

  issue number 07.                                   August 1, 1996

 a forum for virtual meetings for scientists and students involved in
 a  research  activity  on   C O N T E M P O R A R Y    P H Y S I C S

                               Editors:
              Marcel Ausloos, ausloos at gw.unipc.ulg.ac.be,
                 Cameron L. Jones, CJONES at swin.edu.au,
      Zbigniew J. Koziol (Editor-in-Chief), WebEx at ra.isisnet.com,
          and Michal Spalinski, Michal.Spalinski at fuw.edu.pl
           WWW address: http://www.isisnet.com/MAX/vp.html.
                Copyright (C) 1996 by Zbigniew  Koziol

 IN THIS ISSUE:

     LETTER FROM THE EDITOR

     FRACTALS, MULTIFRACTALS AND THE SCIENCE OF COMPLEXITY,
     by M.K. Hassan

     TOPOLOGICAL AND HAUSDORFF DIMENSIONS - SPECIAL CASES,
     by W. Holsztynski

     FRACTAL DIMENSION ESTIMATION WITH WAVELET PACKETS,
     by C. L. Jones

     HUNTING FOR FRACTALS, by Z. Koziol

     FRACTAL CURVE, by W. Holsztynski

  0   0 0 000  000 0  0  00  0       000  0  0 0   0 o00o 0  00 o00o
  0   0 0 0  0  0  0  0 0  0 0       0  0 0  0  0 0  o0   0 0   o0
   0 0  0 000   0  0  0 0000 0       000  0000   0     0o 0 0     0o
    0   0 0 00  0  0000 0  0 0000    0    0  0   0   o00o 0  00 o00o

  issue number 08.                                  August 15, 1996

          and Michal Spalinski, Michal.Spalinski at fuw.edu.pl
           WWW address: http://www.isisnet.com/MAX/vp.html.
                Copyright (C) 1996 by Zbigniew  Koziol

 IN THIS ISSUE:

     Letter from the Editor

     Myth of Competition and NSERC Policy of "Selectivity", by
Alexander A.
Berezin and Geoffrey Hunter

     Superconductivity Papers Database in Japan

     Materials and Mechanisms of Superconductivity - High Temperature
Superconductors V

     About Virtual Physics and the Submission Policy

and submission of materials write to the Editor of Virtual Physics,
webex at ra.isisnet.com

Past and present issues of Virtual Physics are available from:

 http://www.isisnet.com/MAX/vp.html  (CANADA) or
 http://www.swin.edu.au/chem/complex/vp.html (AUSTRALIA)

Thank you for your attention.

Zbigniew Koziol and
Cameron Jones
(CJONES at swin.edu.au)

Editor of <a href="http://www.isisnet.com/MAX/vp.html">Virtual
Physics</a>
WebExperts (TM) Inc.,  tel. (902) 423 2149,  2-6032 Compton Ave.,
Halifax,
Nova  Scotia,  B3H 1E7  Canada,  WebEx at ra.isisnet.com,
zkoziol at is.dal.ca

   V I R T U A L  P H Y S I C S            V I R T U A L  P H Y S I CS