Standard Plate Count

Søren Lemonius g-house at inet.uni-c.dk
Tue Aug 20 11:44:14 EST 1996

Dear reader,

I have been asked to give an estimate of total number of aerobic plate
counts performed each year for quality control of food pr million
habitants in the industrialised part of the world!!

I have tried to make estimates based on estimated consumption of number
of food items and estimated number of analysis pr food item. Nevertheless
the result seems to low to me (1 mill./year/1 mill. people).

Does anybody know of any available estimates or does anybody have any
suggestions as how to build an estimate?

Best regards

Søren Lemonius