Learning Microbiology

Micronox micronox at aol.com
Tue Aug 27 11:11:03 EST 1996

Certainly you can learn Microbiology on your own.  But, not easily.  Nor,
will you inspire confidence in any of your analyses, if others are to
consume the food products that you intend to manufacture.      I don't
think you would want to be served by a physician who has had all of his or
her experience, as the result of self experimentation.   The same should
be true of microbiologists, upon whose results we would rely for our well
being.       If you want to study microbiology, for your own personal
edification and intellectual development, that is another matter.
If you have a laboratory,  get some college lab. manuals and have fun
learning.   I have plenty of old ones and will send some to you if you
send an address.

            Norman Lazaroff,  Dept. of Biological Sciences
             State Univ. of N.Y. at Binghamton, NY 13902-6000
               e-mail   nostoc at bingvmb.cc. binghamton.edu