rabbit injection

Peter Herman herman at populus.slu.se
Mon Aug 26 09:24:17 EST 1996

Lauren Owens (arlinora at cajun.net) wrote:
: This semester as part of my senior research problems, I will be
: injecting rabbits to produce antibodies against mouse, human, sheep, and
: bovine serum.  Does anyone know of any specific sites online where I
: could find articles to use in researching my paper?  I've used several
: search engines, and some libraries online, but I haven't been able to
: find anything useful.

What you seem to be looking for is an entree into the primary and
secondary literature.  As you have discivered, the web is not the best
place for this.  Check with your librarian about the access your library
has to med-line, agricola and biosis.  These are medical, agricultural and
general biological data bases respectivly.  Some libraries have them on CD
ROM others on-line and, sad to say, some don't have them at all.  If you
have them available, they will have a "front end", the windows based
WinSpirs by Silver Plattter being the most common.  The front-end program
lets you search the data base in the usual sort of way by joining terms
with and, or, not to select the articles you want.

Good luck

Peter

R. Peter Herman				email	Peter.Herman at mv.slu.se
Sveriges Lantbruksuniversitet		Phone:	+46 18 67 12 20
Inst. f. Markvetenskap			Fax:	+46 18 67 27 95
S750 07 Uppsala, Sweden