Micro Humor

K N and P J Harris ecoli at cix.compulink.co.uk
Thu Feb 1 14:04:59 EST 1996

> ==========
> bionet/microbiology #1826, from U14663 at UICVM.UIC.EDU, 1574 chars, 31
Jan 1996 00:04:44 -0
> ----------
> Article: 2773 of bionet.microbiology
> From: "Richard A. Murphy  " <U14663 at UICVM.UIC.EDU>
> Newsgroups: bionet.microbiology
> Subject: Micro Humor
> Date: 31 Jan 1996 00:04:44 -0000
> Sender: lpddist at mserv1.dl.ac.uk
>
> Anne Morris mentioned
> A BUMPER STICKER THAT SAYS "MICROBIOLOGY STAPH CAR"
>
> I had one of those on a 1970 Volkswagen stationwagon.
> Even funnier, to me at least, was the day I was pulling out of
> a hospital parking lot after visiting a friend who was a patient.
> I had my money in my hand but the cashier took a look at the
> sticker (I had it in my rear window on the driver's side) and
> waved me through!
>
> Peace,
> Dick
> |Richard A. Murphy, PhD              Bitnet: U14663 at uicvm.bitnet    |
> |University of Illinois at Chicago   Internet: U14663 at uicvm.uic.edu |
> |Department of Oral Medicine         Fax: 1-312-996-1022            |
> |  and Diagnostic Sciences           Phone: 1-312-996-8630          |
> |801 S. Paulina                                                     |
> |Chicago, IL 60612                                                  |
Not really micro humour (except that my colleague was heavily into
denitrification) but he had problems with a similar aged VW cos the US
college he was at had rules about parking with the engine away from the
building. They just WOULD NOT BELIEVE him.
I guess you have what we call "JOBS WORTH'S" in the States as well as
here.
Peter Harris,
Reading Uni. UK.