HELP IN CULTIVATING SULFATE-REDUCING BACTERIA

Arul Jayaraman arul at design.eng.uci.edu
Fri Feb 2 19:45:02 EST 1996

Hello
I am a garduate student in Biochemical engineering at UC Irvine.  I am
having trouble (tons of it) cultivating Desulfovibrio gigas and
Desulfonema magnum (sulfate-reducing bacteria).  I am following the ATCC
prescribed medium, but is till difficult to grow.  Can anybody give me
any tips (specific medium, conditions, growth additives etc) on growing
these fastidiuous organisms?

Thanks a lot

Arul

ARUL JAYARAMAN
DEPT. OF CHEMICAL AND BIOCHEMICAL ENGINEERING
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA AT IRVINE
IRVINE CA 92717
Ph: 714-509-1060 (R)
    714-824-8389 (L)
http://www.eng.uci.edu/students/arul/

Why go through learning when ignorance can be instantaneous
(and bliss)????