Info needed on Alcaligenes eutrophus

Jim bina at unixg.ubc.ca
Fri Feb 2 00:16:55 EST 1996

Hi,

	I need some info on A. eutrophus regarding its genetics.  I'm thinking
of trying to complement some A. eutrophus mutants with clones I have, however,
I know nothing about this bug. All of my clones are in pUC18/19 and pBR322
derivitives.  (1) Will A. eutrophus maintain E. coli pUC based vectors?  (2)
How do you transform this bug (electroporation, CaCl2, mating)?
	If the answer to question (1) is no, can you recommend a low to
mid-copy numbered shuttle vector I could use?

Thanks, Jim