Info about a company

Computer computer at mail.teleport.com
Mon Feb 12 19:26:09 EST 1996

hantash wrote:

> Hi;
>
> I am not sure if this is the correct group to post this question for a friend
> of mine from over seas. But first I am not affiliated with any company and the question is just for my firend.
>
> My friend is buying instruments for a lab and he is buying a FACS machine from a company named Beckton-Dickinson (sp ?). A competitive
company has told him tha
> availability of parts for future problems. I think he is trying from his
> side to find out if this is true or not but he also asked me to inquire.
>
> So Does anyone know anything about this.
>
> Thanks
>
> pleae e-mail me back at my address as there is no need to post on the net.
>
> Feras
> hantash at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu

Well considering BD is one of the largest suppliers and manufacturers of
FACS machines in the world I don't think there is much chance they are
going out of business anytime soon.  Their sales of reagents and service
contracts on these machines alone will keep them around for a long while
yet.  (We have 2 BD instruments here)

If your friend was right about that claim I suggest he stay away from
that other companies rep as that individual doesn't know what is going
on.