Metal-accumulating bacteria

K N and P J Harris ecoli at
Tue Feb 13 13:22:17 EST 1996

> ==========
> bionet/microbiology #1875, from stevem at, 781 chars, 2
Feb 1996 14:31:26
> ----------
> Article: 2822 of bionet.microbiology
> Path:!!btnet!!!!!!!user
> From: stevem at (Steve McGrew)
> Newsgroups: bionet.microbiology
> Subject: Metal-accumulating bacteria
> Date: 2 Feb 1996 14:31:26 GMT
> I am looking for published papers on bacterial hyperaccumulators of
> metals, and researchers working in that area.  I'm especially
> in ways to detect and select individual cells (e.g., with flow
> in a live culture that have accumulated particular metals.  Will be
> to exchange data & results--
Right off the top of my head and without my Journals to hand I seem to
remeber that the refs I have half-scanned on this topic concentrate on
the properties of the capsular, extracellular gum material of the bugs,
about the last thing you want in a flow-cytometry outfit.
Peter Harris,
AKA P.J.Harris at