Life on Venus.......

Eric Grunden egrunden at
Tue Feb 13 11:54:30 EST 1996

In a previous article, dmr at (Dave Roberts) says:

>Life probaly appeared on earth as soon as it was cool enough to have liquid
>water, and the oldest fossils are about 3500 My.  These are believed to be
>cyanobacteria.  If the universe is about 15000 My, then Hoyle &

Aren't the cyanobacteria aerobic?  I thought the oldest organisms on Earth
were the anaerobic thermoacidophiles found in the volcanic vents at the
bottom of the ocean. Weren't they here long before oxygen showed up?

The Spirit of Nature, a powerful force,
	belongs and returns to its creative source.
- Excerpted from The Collective Works of Johnny Pokerface -