Staphylococci

Lisa Shoulders lisash at anet-dfw.com
Fri Feb 16 06:59:50 EST 1996

I am searching for the source of an infection that manifested 14 days after
the birth of a female child.  At that time, Staph was diagnosed in baby,
mother, and two year old sister.   This is very resistant strain.  Still
present 2 years after with only moderate success with antibiotics.
Manifestion of illness primarily present in epidermal and respiratory.

Investigation into medical records of baby finds no mention of staph present
in initial hospitalization.  Baby was release to home 2 days after birth.

Please direct me to web sites that address incubation times of staph.  My
present plans are to contact families of babies in nursery at same time.  This
was a small rural hospital setting in North Central Texas.

First signs of disease manifestation were absesses that came to head and burst
in baby, then mother, then sister.

Thanks for your assistance.

Rex Shoulders
North Texas Medical Consultants