Scytalidium acidophilum

Jeff Wilson Jeff_Wilson_at_gal__calgary__ab at
Fri Feb 23 14:09:21 EST 1996

This is a Mime message, which your current mail reader
may not understand. Parts of the message will appear as
text. To process the remainder, you will need to use a Mime
compatible mail reader. Contact your vendor for details.

I worked with S. acidophilum at the Centre for Recherche en =

Sylvichimie de l'Outaouais (CRSO) in Gatineau, Quebec during 1990-91, =

on a process to ferment residual sugars from nitric acid pulping of =

hardwoods (pentose sugars).  This strain was used in the waste =

treatment stream because of its ability to survive a pH 0.6!  There =

may be publication of this work available through Energy, Mines and =

Resources Canada, in Ottawa.

I don't have any of the references on it anymore (left with the old =

job), but one of the key initial researchers and authors was named =

Iverson in the 1960-80s.  Do a lit search on him.  Sorry, I can't =

recall his initials.  Hope this little bit helps.

J. Jeffrey Wilson, Ph.D., P.Biol.
Sr. Environmental Microbiologist
Golder Associates, Ltd.,
Calgary, Alberta