Scytalidium acidophilum

Jared Fein jaredf at inforamp.net
Sat Feb 24 23:20:02 EST 1996

In article <12e08810 at golder.com>, Jeff_Wilson_at_gal__calgary__ab at golder.com (Jeff Wilson) wrote:

>I don't have any of the references on it anymore (left with the old =
>
>job), but one of the key initial researchers and authors was named =
>
>Iverson in the 1960-80s.  Do a lit search on him.  Sorry, I can't =
>
>recall his initials.  Hope this little bit helps.
>
>J. Jeffrey Wilson, Ph.D., P.Biol.
>Sr. Environmental Microbiologist
>Golder Associates, Ltd.,
>Calgary, Alberta
====================

Hello Jeffrey

I believe Ivarson's first name was Carl.  He worked at Agriculture Canada.  I
visited his lab in the early 1980s just before he retired.  I remember
another remarkable feature he showed me about Scytalidium acidophilum - its
ability to grow in acidic solutions containing very high concentrations of
copper sulfate!  I believe he isolated this fungus from mine tailings.

Regards,

Jared Fein, Ph.D.
Corp. Mgr. Environmental Services
E.B. Eddy Forest products Ltd.