Vinegar vs. Pseudomonas

DPrince225 dprince225 at aol.com
Wed Jan 10 06:41:23 EST 1996

It seems to me that you should seriously consider use of disinfectants
which can be documented to be effective against Psuedomonas. I suspect
that if there have been significant nosocomial infections traced to Ps. in
your ICU sink that there are a number of improvements required in the
practises and procedures used in your microbiological control program. If
vinegar was efficacious I trust that it would be marketed as a
disinfectant. It  is not. Remember vinegar is synthesized by gram negative
bacteria in fermentation reactions used during energy production! Are you
a microbiologist?