flesh-eating strep/anti-inflammatory drugs

John Cherwonogrodzky jcherwon at dres.dnd.ca
Thu Jan 11 16:36:51 EST 1996

Dear Colleagues:
     I've misplaced these email notes. At the end of last year there were
postings that part of the problem with the flesh-eating streptococcus
was that patients would come in complaining of sore muscles or joints,
the physician would prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs that would
suppress the natuaral immunity, and then the infection would have a
free range to spread like wild-fire.
     Are there any references, publications, etc. on this? If not, is there
anyone out there I can give credit on this concept under "personal
communications"?
     Thanks ...John